Sunday, February 12, 2012

Does anyone know the difference between a Twist ending and a Surprise ending?

I'm sorry, but I just have to rant here. Too many people think they know what a "twist" ending is and they do not!



Twist does not mean "unexpected". If that were the case, then almost every movie (the whole movie) would be "twisted". Since you don't know what to expect in the following scenes. Especially comedy movies.



A surprise ending is just that. You didn't see it coming and it hit you with a surprise. A TWIST ending happens at THE END (hence the word "ending") that changes the story or what you thought you knew. It changes what you've already believed and seen.



Fight Club has a twist toward the end of the MIDDLE of the film, NOT THE END. In other words, it has a twist, but not a twist ENDING.



Seven has a SURPRISE ending, NOT a twist in the story line.



I'm sorry, but I just had to get that out of me. Now, what movies have Twist ENDINGS and which ones have SURPRISE endings? (Please no Spoilers).Does anyone know the difference between a Twist ending and a Surprise ending?
Sixth Sense has a twist ending. Saw has a surprise ending. Just my examples, I'm sure there are hundreds more.
Thanks! Now Im going to rent those movies this week. And evaluate what you said. Thanks again.



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>Does anyone know the difference between a Twist ending and a Surprise ending?
ok,????????
Did I undedrstand your explanations?

Premonition, The Suicide Kings, twist endings?Does anyone know the difference between a Twist ending and a Surprise ending?
Even though I didn't care....thanks for the info.
this just my point of view so don't hate on it. but i think a twist ending is one that everyone knows what is about to happen and all of a sudden thing whole thing just change before you eyes and everyone would be like what was that or the direaction just changed at the middle of the movie and you want to know what the hell s going on. and a suprise ending is when the unexpected accure, and everyone is like oh my god i don't believe that just happen, and they where all surprise
After a Surprise ending, you say - A Ha!

After a Twist ending, you say - Oh My!

No comments:

Post a Comment