Thursday, February 9, 2012

My mom says I'm allowed to date, but then she goes back on her word?

When I was like 11 (too young to date) my mom said I could date when I turned 13. I thought this was reasonable, even though I still wanted to date. Eventually, I turned 13 and she said I had to wait until I got into highschool. It was the summer of the end of 8th grade, and I got a boyfriend. She made me dump him. She said that she didn't mean I could date freshman year. She said I could date when I turned into a sophomore.



I feel like she is ruining my life. I want to go out and go on dates, but she keeps being an indian giver. I am now turning into a sophomore and I feel like she is going to pull the same trick on me again, what should I do?



I have a bad memory and so does she. She might say that I forgot and I'm just trying to twist her words to get what I want. -.-My mom says I'm allowed to date, but then she goes back on her word?
Tell her this:

You said such and such, and I trusted you enough to believe it.

You should not abuse my trust by repeatedly lying to me, and I will do exactly what you said then.

Good Luck!
It sounds like maybe she didn't like your choice of who to date, or perhaps you did something to make her nervous, like stay out with him too late. Maybe you should talk to her about laying down some ground rules for you to follow when you start dating, so that she won't be so nervous about it. And because she seems so nervous about it, make sure you follow them.My mom says I'm allowed to date, but then she goes back on her word?
your too young, shes prob right.



just wait till you are atleast 15. its the best, trust me your not missing out on anything, plus guys are really dumb in the teens. so i recommend you wait till your out of high school
boyfriends ruin your life at your age...don't blame your mom



you're mom is just trying to keep you focused on school right nowMy mom says I'm allowed to date, but then she goes back on her word?
you should tell her you want to have a serious conversation with her and tell her why you want a boyfriend and want to go on dates. ask her to think about it. if she still says no do what you think you should do.
why are you so anxious to date in the first place? you can go out and have fun without having a boyfriend and dating. you have a lot of time to date and have a boyfriend. you want to because you see others or your friends doing it and you don't want to be left out. you don't have to do what they do, just wait and your time will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment