Saturday, February 18, 2012

Can you use this word in a sentence?

According to Merriam-Webster online, the word of the day is temerity (noun).

Definition: unreasonable or foolhardy contempt of danger or opposition : rashness, recklessness



Example Sentence: "The official was thrown into jail for having the temerity to publicly disagree with the dictator."



Synonyms: audacity, hardihood, effrontery



A little twist on the old "word of the day" game - your sentence must make a true statement about yourself and/or someone you know.



Have fun! 鈾?/div>
  • 5 years ago
  • Report Abuse
Can you use this word in a sentence?
Temerity will move you closer to the front of my list.
So, you had the temerity to even pose this question?Can you use this word in a sentence?
My life is dedicated to temerity.
The driver was given a ticket for having the temerity to run three red lights in a row while spinning the surrounding cars around.Can you use this word in a sentence?
I had the temerity to oppose the views of the musical instructor. Everyone else stayed silent, though they were uncomfortable with her dominant personality.
I can be at times temerity.
My husband had the temerity to stay in bed this morning during the tornado warning.
My friends and I had the temerity to watch the mortars coming in last night because we were comfortable in our lawn chairs and we wanted to watch the Patriot system intercept them.
I can't believe my Friend had the temerity to argue with me.
My friend had the temerity to go and get her lip pierced on a school trip to Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment