Sunday, February 12, 2012

My mom says I'm allowed to date, but then she goes back on her word?

When I was like 11 (too young to date) my mom said I could date when I turned 13. I thought this was reasonable, even though I still wanted to date. Eventually, I turned 13 and she said I had to wait until I got into highschool. It was the summer of the end of 8th grade, and I got a boyfriend. She made me dump him. She said that she didn't mean I could date freshman year. She said I could date when I turned into a sophomore.



I feel like she is ruining my life. I want to go out and go on dates, but she keeps being an indian giver. I am now turning into a sophomore and I feel like she is going to pull the same trick on me again, what should I do?



I have a bad memory and so does she. She might say that I forgot and I'm just trying to twist her words to get what I want. -.-My mom says I'm allowed to date, but then she goes back on her word?
i had the same problem. truth is, ALL mothers are a little mental XD maybe talk to your dad, and get him to defend you. OR you can just date anyway, some smart and mature guy, and bring him to meet your mom and show her how responsible you both can be :)
I'm not a mother. But YOU are dramatic.

Report Abuse

My mom says I'm allowed to date, but then she goes back on her word?
To be honest, you're a bit too young to be 'dating'. You are at the age where all boys are either after one thing or just goes from one girl to another. l would wait until you are old enough to understand your emotions. Your mum just cares about you, that is all. My dad was the same when l first had a boyfriend, and l had to keep it a secret incase he'd stop me from seeing him, but l wouldn't really suggest that.



:)
"she's ruining my life" A bit dramatic don't you think? What exactly do you wish to get out of dating? Just be a kid. Gossip and gush over cute boys, go shopping with your girlfriends, why do you need the stress of a boyfriend and relationship keeping you down?My mom says I'm allowed to date, but then she goes back on her word?
she's ruining your life because she won't let you date?
Sorry but the whole "she's ruining my life" term is overrated because there are people out there who's lives REALLY ARE closer ruined. Just because mommy won't let you date yet, doesn't mean your life is ruined.



By the time you're 15, and she still says no, I'd continue dating. 15 is a fine age to date.
Be honest with her. Show her you are emotional mature enough to be in a relationship. She just doesn't want you to get hurt. Horrible things often happen to girls your age who are too trusting. It may seem like she's ruining your life but she's really protecting you from many awful possibilities. Just enjoy being a kid while it lasts. It's over fast.
There is a LOT worse things out there that not being able to date. Not being allowed to date is not going to ruin your life. Your mother is not ruining your life. Best thing to do is sit down %26amp; talk to her about it. do not throw a fit, act like an adult. Just sit down %26amp; calmly talk to her about it. Ask her why she does not want you to date. There's probably a really good reason for it.

And please stop saying she's ruining your life. Just please don't say that. There's so many other worse things out there. I would give anything to be able to have your problems. To be able to act like a normal teenager would be wonderful.
  • used car values
  • baby boy names 2011
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment