Thursday, February 9, 2012

What's wrong with writing BIBLE fanfiction! It's not like I'm twisting the word of God!!!?

I mean, if you don't like it and are offended by it, then I'm sorry and I apologize and don't read it!

Personally, the reason I wrote this story is because I'd like to think that Rachel and Leah learned to FORGIVE EACH OTHER!!!



PS.

I'm BAPTIST and A PREACHER'S KID!!! THERE ARE CHRISTIANS who write Christian fanfiction!!!What's wrong with writing BIBLE fanfiction! It's not like I'm twisting the word of God!!!?
Being the son of a preacher has nothing to do with your spiritual standing, nor does your denomination for that matter. You will not enter heaven because you are the son of a God-fearing person, or because you are Baptist, Calvinist, Catholic, Non-Denominational, or whatever. It is based on faith, and faith alone.



To write fan-fiction of the Holy Word of God is a direct violation, betrayal, and downright sin of its teachings. Deuteronomy 12:32 states, "Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it."

The commandment being the Scripture. If you are writing something that is not in the Bible, it is a violation. Does the Bible say Rachel and Leah forgave each other? Then they probably didn't, and the Bible has a reason for saying so.



"It's not like I'm twisting the word of God!!!"



Yes you are.



"THERE ARE CHRISTIANS who write Christian fanfiction!!!"



Well, there are Christans that lie, steal, fornicate, blaspheme, and murder as well. A Christian may do it, but it is still un-Christian behavior. And it is wrong.
Many moral/ethical situations can be communicated thru fanfiction. In some instances, a story will be something a nonbeliever or on-the-fence believer would read %26amp; it could get them interested in The Truth. (It's amazing what 'small' things have led ppl on quests that took them to The Bible or church!)



For example, the Left Behind series has prompted many ppl to explore The Bible for themselves. The novels have fans %26amp; foes, but I know several instances in which they led to persons salvation.



There are also ppl who simply enjoy reading it for entertainment purposes-period.What's wrong with writing BIBLE fanfiction! It's not like I'm twisting the word of God!!!?
That's interesting I've spent a lot of time trawling through fanfiction and have never come across bible fanfiction. I can understand why people would be upset by it as some approach the bible with a lot of reverence (not to suggest that you don't as I'm sure you respect it as well). Writing biblical fanfiction does kinda give me a twist and make me think its a little wrong, but I can't lay a finger on what, I can't find anything negative really to say about it so go for it ;)
I got criticised for writing Bible 'slash fiction', but it didn't stop me. I told the Holy Joe's just what you did - If you don't like it, you don't have to read it. Come to think of it, I haven't written one about Rachel and Leah yet. Thanks for the idea.What's wrong with writing BIBLE fanfiction! It's not like I'm twisting the word of God!!!?
Umm...nothing I suppose. Especially when you consider that throughout history devotional stories have been written about Jesus and Yahweh that have no basis in truth what so ever (ie the Infancy Gospels).



Fanfiction.net has a ton of categories for fanfiction, including Bible fanfics.
Nothing wrong with writing Christian fanfic.
Eh, whatever. Screw critics.
Why do you keep posting questions about why is it wrong if you feel like what you did was right?
LOL. Knock yourself out. People have been doing it for years.
Nothing's wrong.

Some people are stupid.
LOL..... "and then Jesus and Luke Skywalker found the Ewoks and had a great feast and..."

No comments:

Post a Comment