Monday, January 30, 2012

How did my question end up in the gay section?

A bit worrying guys! Just asked a question that got placed in the gay section. I'm a bit concerned about the method of selection that yahoo use. Nothing in the question should have given the impression that it was intended for that section. My question is, was it the word twisted or the words fancy dress that were picked out? I think yahoo need to have a look at themselves.How did my question end up in the gay section?
Er, excuse me... it got placed in that section because you SUBMITTED it in that section. When you ask a question, the site picks out key words and on that basis selects a catagory (sometimes, admittedly, with hilarious results), SO... you then take the 'browse catagories' section, CHOOSE a catagory, and then post your question. Not YA's fault at all, its yours. Take time, READ things, and then, it will go where you want.
Yahoo only suggests a category, based on some keywords. Fancy and dress might be enough to let them suggest Beauty %26amp; Fashion, or Gay etc.

Next time just pick your own category.How did my question end up in the gay section?
You can pick a section for yourself.
Maybe Yahoo knows you better than you know yourself.How did my question end up in the gay section?
Maybe you are, but just don't know it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment